Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Impression: Lorac Pro Palette


First Impressions:
image:
 When I first heard about the Lorac Pro Palette all anyone said was- 'It could be be better than the Urban Decay Naked Palettes'!! 

funny gifs photo: Wat Shocked Face tumblr_lbj668mzhy1qat7rw.gif
WHAT?! Something better than my beloved Naked Palettes? I didn’t think it could be possible, and I had to find out for myself.

 So, after staying up late in bed watching a few of my favorite Youtube bloggers rave about this product, I made the decision it had to be worth the $42! I could barely contain my excitement, so after redeeming my 250 Ulta points and dishing out my birthday cash, I finally had this new product in my hands- ya gotta treat yo’ self, right? 
Here are some of my initial thoughts: 
Packaging:
 image
The packaging is ideal… small and sleek! The palette is light weight and could easily fit in most purses/makeup bags. Has an almost cardboard feel, was worried might get dirty easily, but it seems to wipe down easily. This chic set is perfect, no complaints. The palette also contains a small eye primer, good size simple packaging. 
Colors: 
image
image
Top Row: White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black (ALL MATTE)
Bottom Row: Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, and Slate (ALL SHIMMER)
The colors in this palette are essential to any makeup collection, and give a wide variety to have a wide array of looks. I’m not excited to try out Garnet and the classic gold. I also like that the color names are plain and not to wild- while wild names are fun, they are hard to remember making it more difficult to reference later. 
Shimmer Swatches: image
These colors are very well-pigmented and have a beautiful light shimmer. I LOVEEEEEEE that there is barely any glitter, but still has a strong shimmer. While I love shimmer, I do not like fall-out or huge chunks of glitter on my lids. These seem like they will have now fall-out and with there satiny feel I think they will blend well! 
Matte Swatches:
 image
image

The top row are all simple matted colors. I think these will be wonderful for natural everyday looks, and for blending in different types of looks. I also like that the matted shades are on the top and shimmer on the bottom,it will make choosing shades much easier (P.S. Sorry the swatches are on my hand and not forearm- not thinking clearly). 
OVERALL:
funny gifs photo: I Regret Nothing RunandRegretNothing.gif
I just had to have this palette, and I'm glad- I think it will become my go-to for eyeshadow, (at least for the time being). I’m extremely excited to try out new looks, and plan to give updates on how much I use these shadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment