Friday, September 6, 2013

Coastal Scents: Eclipse Palette (Concealers, $14.95)

Blemishes: one of the worst things you can wake up to. 
It's like: 

                                 screaming photo: Rarity is horrified rarity_screaming_zps5eaf4a55.gif
So, of course we are all the search for the perfect concealer and a way to magically erase all of our imperfections. Well personally, my favorite has been my Mac studio finish concealer, but at times I wonder if it clogs my pores causing additional breakouts. It also retails for $18 for a small amount of product. I've also grown to love Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer/dark spot eraser. But, as my makeup collection grows, I would like to try new things- whether it be top of the line or more affordable. This Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer Palette ($14.95) contains 15 different shades that conceal all sorts of imperfections and also has colors that can contour/highlight your face as well.


When I opened the package the plastic seemed a little flimsy, but it will definitely do. I love that they included the yellow, green, and purple neutralizers you can use to hide redness and dark circles- I used the yellow shade to hide dark circles under my eyes. I also, tried using the green to neutralize the redness of my pimples, but I didn't put on to much not wanting to build up too much product. It also felt a little sticky and not super smooth. 


 ROW 1:
 ROW 2:

 ROW 3:

There is a large variety in colors, so you are able to blend and experiment to find your perfect color. 
 

This concealer did not cover up all imperfections, but it definitely did the job well enough. 
But, after a several hours the product began to cake up, and became displaced on my face. I was not too pleased. 

Overall: 

                         disappointed gifs photo: Disappointed timgunsaysno.gif
Not that impressed. I'm happy to have all the shades and I will definitely use the highlighter, yellow neutralizer for dark circles, and possibly contour with the darker shades. But, I don't see my self using the concealer on a regular basis. I could have seen myself using this product, but the caking is what ruined it for me, not only is it not as long lasting but it is really visible on your face.
                  oh well gifs photo:  tumblr_m0wbjgOfpS1qbzqexo1_500.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment