Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Impression: Coastal Scents Warm Palette

Coastal Scents: Warm Palette ($19.95 originally, on sale for $13.95)

I was so excited to buzz the UPS man up into my apartment complex, and nearly had a heart attack looking through my peephole to see my package thrown on the ground I was worried to say the least....

  funny gifs photo:  wb5ee8.gif

The package is packed lightly, and since the product is inexpensive I figured it would be a box full of those terrible eyeshadow crumbs.
LUCKILY, only two of the shadows were loose (I'm guessing it was because of the delivery- not the product). But, none the less I had to glue them back in, which is super easy to do with a little superglue.

.

The palette is made from a fairly cheap black plastic, but it feels sturdy. I wouldn't be afraid to pack it in a suitcase, as long as it wasn't bumping around too much. Coastal Scents is a great company and has many things to offer to people just starting out using makeup. I bought my first large brush set from them for under $40 for 22 brushes- and I've loved almost every brush. You can get huge palettes with an array of really well pigmented shadows. This gives you the opportunity to try several looks and styles without going broke. So, I say WIN-WIN!

  gifs photo: Winner mewinning.gif
 Anyways,

 

 This palette comes with 88 shades, many matte and shimmer colors- looking I would guess there are more matte colors. I mostly use shimmery eyeshadows, because they catch my eye, so I was happy to expand my matte collection. I also like that there doesn't seem to be a lot of glitter chunks in the shadows.

 


 I also like how the colors are organized, with the colors getting progressively darker. I also like that the palette comes with a large mirror. Here are a few of the shadows that intrigued me immediately

The colors are very pigmented, but do take a couple layers to get the best color. But, for less than 25 cents a shadow they are awesome!!!


tumblr gifs photo: Clap Clap tumblr_mi857saMzO1r3ty02o1_500.gif Overall: disney gif photo: Ariel GIF Ariel2-1.gif Super excited I bought this palette! While it isn't super high-end quality, I still think I will use a lot of the colors often... and will hopefully inspire me to use different blends of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment